Table of Contents
- Repair Game Installation
- iPhone and iPad Troubleshooting
- Android Troubleshooting
- Network and Connection Troubleshooting
IMPORTANT: Prior to beginning any of these troubleshooting steps, please ensure that your Game Save is backed up using a WB Games Account. Please note that if you do not secure your profile you may not be able to access your progress after completing these steps.
Repair Game Installation
- Launch Harry Potter: Magic Awakened
- At the title screen select the tools icon for [Self Repair] in the top right of the screen.
- In the prompt that appears, select [Confirm]. The game client will close and re-download the latest game patch.
iPhone and iPad Troubleshooting
Available App Store Updates
- Open the App Store
- Tap on your profile icon at the top of the right of the screen.
- Scroll to see if there are any pending updates waiting to install.
- Restart the Application.
- Restart Your iPhone.
- Check for any Updates to iOS.
- Off-load the application and reinstall by tapping Settings then General then iPhone Storage. Next, scroll through your applications and click “off-load” on the specific app.
Available Google Play Store Updates
- Restart your device.
- Open the Google Play Store
- Tap the Menu button, in the top left.
- Select ‘My apps & games.’
- If there is an available update to the Game, you will see a button labeled ‘Update.’
Clearing the App Cache
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap its listing. Then tap Clear Cache.
- Some Devices may require you to tap the app, then storage, then clear cache
Advanced Android Troubleshooting
- Uninstall the Game from the device
- Download the game from the app store again.
- Reboot your device once more.
- Start the game again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Network and Connection Troubleshooting
Check Game Server Selection
Ensure that when you launch the game, you've selected the appropriate server for your location. You can confirm this by selecting the globe icon on the bottom left of the title screen. Please note that selecting a new server will start a new profile for that specific server and any save data from a prior server selection will not carry with you to the newly selected server.
Check for Internet Access
- Use an alternate device to visit a few web pages and assess your internet connection.
- Visit multiple websites to get a sense of overall speed and consistency across services and the internet as a whole.
- If your mobile device is using a Wifi signal, be sure to use an alternate device connecting through the same signal band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz).
Check Network Configuration
- If your devices fail to load specific sites, or any at all, check that your network is properly configured.
- Confirm that your modem connects directly to your Home’s internet connection.
- If using an external router, double check that you are connecting the modem to the router’s Internet/WAN port instead of the local connections.
Reboot your Home Network
- Fully shut down both your modem and your router for at least 30 seconds.
- Reboot your mobile device.
- After turning all devices back on and allowing them to fully boot, test your connection again to see if your connectivity issues are resolved.
Other Network Troubleshooting
- If you have attempted the previous steps and still cannot connect to the internet on your device, or other devices, the next step is to contact your Internet Service Provider, Network Administrator, or the manufacturer of your Modem/Router for additional assistance.