If you are playing the PlayStation®4 version of Hogwarts Legacy you can transfer your saved data over to the PlayStation®5 version of the game. The process is outlined through the steps below.
Uploading the PlayStation®4 Saved Data to PlayStation®Plus Cloud Storage
- From the PlayStation®4 main menu select Hogwarts Legacy tile and click on Start button.
- Select "Upload/Download Save Data".
- From the "System Storage" section (or the section where the game is installed), click on "Upload All"
- Once it's done, all your Save information will be transferred to the "Online Storage" section.
The online cloud storage feature requires an active PlayStation®Plus subscription. If you do not have an active subscription, you can transfer your Hogwarts Legacy PlayStation®4 saved data to PlayStation®5 through USB storage. See PlayStation Support for more information on that process.
Downloading the PlayStation®4 Saved Data on PlayStation®5 through PlayStation®Plus Cloud Storage
- On the PlayStation®5, go to [Settings].
- Select Saved Data and Game/App Settings -> Saved Data (PS4) -> Cloud Storage - Download to Console Storage - Select the Save Data you want to import and click on "Download".
- Once the Save Data is transferred, launch Hogwarts Legacy.
- If that portion of the transfer has been done correctly, a pop-up will invite you to confirm the Save Data transfer from PlayStation®4. Select "Yes". Now you can load the PlayStation®4 Save Data.
- You can decide to decline the PlayStation 4's Save Data transfer. You will still be allowed to import the PlayStation's Save Data at any time later.
- In that case, on PlayStation®5, from Hogwarts Legacy main menu, the option "Transfer PS4® Console Save Data" is present below the character list on the bottom left of the screen. By selecting this option, the game will show you the Save Data that is eligible to transfer. After a brief loading period, you can load the PlayStation®4 Save Data.
A save on PlayStation®5 cannot be transferred back to PlayStation®4. If you wish to resume playing on PlayStation®4 after transferring saved data to PlayStation®5, you will pick up where you last left off before the transfer process.
If you own Hogwarts Legacy on both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, you can freely use your saved data between each console as long as you are connected to the internet and signed into the same account where the saved data was created.
You can confirm your save data has been downloaded through these steps:
- Press the XBOX button on the controller, highlight Hogwarts Legacy
- Press the Start button, and select Manage game and add-ons.
- Go to the Saved data section.
- From here, you can verify that your saved data is present.