Welcome to our first Soft Launch update for Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. Since our last post in March, there have been several exciting changes in and around the game:
- Soft Launch started and several new territories were welcomed into the game. These include Austria, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, South Africa, Sweden and Switzerland.
- We debuted new trailers, blogs , and social media updates to help unpack the incredible depth Harry Potter: Magic Awakened has to offer.
- Our Official Discord Server debuted with spirited strategy and gameplay discussions, as well as very detailed feedback from fans in Soft Launch. Join today: https://discord.gg/harrypottermagicawakened
In today’s update, we are excited to share more about the progress in our Soft Launch period, welcome some new territories into the game and touch on some of the changes coming to Harry Potter: Magic Awakened.
Welcome to our Newest Students
As we work towards our Global launch, we are continually adding new territories into the game. This helps with our ongoing efforts to optimize and balance the game.
Starting today, players in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand can download and play Harry Potter: Magic Awakened! In addition to these territories, we are also opening up French localization. Simply navigate to the App Store or Google Play store from these new territories and you’ll be able to jump in. We can’t wait to hear what you think!
In addition to opening up in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, there are several changes coming to the Harry Potter: Magic Awakened experience based on player feedback as well as development goals.
- Rebalanced Magic Pass to offer a more diverse set of rewards, including Cosmetics and other high value items.
- Purchase the Deluxe Magic Pass to instantly receive the all-new Epic outfit, Cafe Comfort. Raise your Magic Pass level for a limited-edition makeup item.
- Purchase the Gilded Magic Pass for all Deluxe pass rewards, the Legendary Mooncalf Knitted Cap, and a Memoria Card, which will prove extremely useful in your Wizarding journey
- Made several changes to missions that contribute to Magic Pass progress. Players should find levelling the Magic Pass to be more forgiving.
- Adjusted this mode to be featured more prominently.
- Players are encouraged to try the Gather Expedition and provide feedback in our Discord, please let us know what you think of this mode: https://discord.gg/harrypottermagicawakened
House Team Size
Team size has been reduced from 200 total members down to 50. Teams with over 50 members will see the following changes:
- Leaderboard contributions will only count from the top performing 50 players in the House Team.
- Teams with over 50 members will be unable to add any new players.
- Any player who leaves a House Team with over 50 members will be unable to return and cannot be backfilled.
- There has been a significant rebalance of the Seasonal missions. This rebalance includes not only time to complete, but also rewards received.
- We encourage players to try the missions and report back on their experiences, particularly those in the Forbidden Forest.
- The Spellbook now earns experience not only from levelling cards, but also from acquiring new cards.
- Players who previously levelled the Spellbook will receive a set of keys in-game and are encouraged to try this change.
Read on for a Full List of Changes
- We are excited to announce the upcoming second season of Harry Potter: Magic Awakened starting right after the current maintenance concludes. Be sure to check out the Duelling Club tier rewards, as Silver Keys and Golden Keys have been added after the reward reset, where all-new tier-exclusive portrait frames and nameplates await aspiring duellists.
- Season Tasks and rewards have been updated as well. Complete Season Tasks for a new ear accessory, Emoji, Personal Space furniture, and various other rewards.
New Limited Time Card Pool
- Limited to this season only, you will have a higher chance to get the Baby Antipodean Opaleye and Whomping Willow card. During the event you can also earn the Gluttony Whelp Card Skin for the Baby Antipodean Opaleye Card on your 100th card pull.
New Lucky Wheel
- This event will only be available from 09:00pm, May 15 – 08:59pm, May 31, UTC.
- Time-limited Prizes:
- Legendary Outfit: Beauxbatons Fantasy/Durmstrang Delight (Outfit Obtained based on Body Type)
- Legendary Wand Skin: Black Walnut
- Legendary Owl: Spectacled Owl
- Draw all the time-limited prizes to obtain all remaining rewards on the wheel!
- Adjustments have been made to Charm Trials for balancing purposes. The completion up-limit is now 1 instead of 2.
- Daily Tasks will now refresh every 15 minutes, down from the previous 180 minutes.
- Players can now complete as many as 8 Daily Tasks per day.
Updated Duelling Rewards
- Silver Keys and Golden Keys can now be obtained as Duelling rewards. As many as 3 Keys can be obtained per day.
- Tier Points awarded for consecutive wins have been slightly increased.
- Phoenix: Players may no longer use MP to speed up the Phoenix’s resurrection process. Healing Done by the Phoenix has been increased by 6%.
- Piertotum Locomotor: Stone Soldiers may no longer taunt every 4 attacks and will no longer take reduced damage. The Movement Speed of Stone Soldiers has been increased by 50%, and their Attack by 14%.
- Tebo: Tebos now take 2 seconds to channel their energy fully. The Knock-back effect will only take place after a full, 2-second channel.
Forbidden Forest Expedition (Team Exploration)
- Stage Names: Epic Clue stages are now referred to as Haunted Hollow, and Deathly Clue stages are now referred to as Deathly Dell.
- Stage Rewards: Golden Keys and Silver Keys have been added to the list of Team Exploration rewards.
- Stage Length: The lengths of Haunted Hollow stages have been greatly reduced, and the rewards for these stages will be distributed after Boss stages.
- Companion Card Usage: The usage up-limit for Companion Cards has been removed. Card uses now replenish over time.
- Leprechaun Gold Drop: The amount of Leprechaun Gold rewarded for Team Exploration has been increased.
- Task Display: Accepted Forest Exploration tasks are now displayed during Team Exploration.
- Team Exploration Rules: The accessibility and content of the Team Exploration Rules have been increased.
Forbidden Forest Expedition (Solo Exploration)
- Daily Tasks: New daily tasks to investigate forest creatures have been added to the daily task pool.
- Stage Balance: Stages 12 and 18 of Solo Exploration now feature fewer opponents.
House Team – Gather Expeditions
- 30 to 50 House Team Crests are awarded for completing various Gather Expeditions in the House Team. Redeem these Crests for Trade Tokens of different rarities to be used in House Team Spell Swap events. Redeem frequency and costs are listed below:
- Common Trade Tokens: 10 Crests per Token, 10 times per week.
- Rare Trade Tokens: 30 Crests per Token, 5 times per week.
- Epic Trade Tokens: 500 Crests per Token, once per week
- Filters: Players can now filter through Clothing items by tag and rarity.
- Poses: Players can now set different standing poses on the Looks screen.
- Opponent difficulty no longer increases based on player Spellbook level.
- Exam subjects have been adjusted as follows:
- Defense Against the Dark Arts: Defense against Boggart
- Care of Magical Creatures: Hippogriff Conservation and Care
- Charms: Levitation Charm on Troll
- Updates have also been made to Card Limitations and Bonus Challenges.
- A Broomstick display has been added to your Personal Space, allowing you to show off your favourite broomstick.
- Visuals to preview new Echoes in Solo Exploration have been reworked.
- Improvements have been made to the Forbidden Forest scene. Fixed an issue where shadows and the sky did not appear as intended during Forest Exploration.
- The left map sidebar now displays on default.
- Duo Duel matchmaking has been reworked to reduce queue times.
- Visuals for item preview have been reworked. An icon badge has been added to distinguish between stand-alone and Alt Version Outfit
- Fixed an issue where hit animation for Cards such as Aguamenti would not play as intended under certain conditions.
Please help our teams by checking these changes in game and providing feedback about your experience in our Discord: https://discord.gg/harrypottermagicawakened
Pre-Registration Reward Changes
We made a slight change to the pre-registration rewards for the 1 Million tier. In this tier the Library Pass has been updated to reward 10 Silver Keys and 15,000 gold. All pre-registration rewards will be made available to fans when Harry Potter: Magic Awakened releases to our Global audience.
Thanks to our Community!
No matter if you’ve been a Harry Potter: Magic Awakened fan since the game was first announced or you’re just now learning about the game—everyone is welcome in our growing Community!
Our teams are reading your comments on all our channels, gathering your feedback and passing these along to make the Harry Potter: Magic Awakened experience the best it can be.
Thank you to all our fans, we are honoured to go on this Soft Launch journey together.
Article is closed for comments.