It has been a month since our global launch of Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, and there have already been some exciting updates and community moments.
- We have our very first official livestream, with an introduction to the community and social team, a fun overview of the Duelling Club, classes, and the Forbidden Forest, and an Ambassador spotlight. You can find the full livestream on our official Youtube Channel.
- Make sure you follow us on our social pages and check out highlights from the community in our Screenshot Saturday spotlights!
- Content creators, community leaders, and passionate Harry Potter: Magic Awakened fans may be interested in the Ambassador Program! You can sign up on our official website. And as a special gift to our wonderful content creators, we shared our official Graphics Kit with game assets, stream overlays, and more!
We have seen a lot of amazing Community moments shared on our Discord and social channels!
Player Jymeri Black was photobombed by a friendly Kneazle while exploring Hogwarts!
Ambassador XpectoGO visits the Great Hall
Ambassador TsukinoKurenai shared a moment with friends for our Welcome to Hogwarts share event!
Ambassador Program Blogs and Content Spotlights
Don’t miss our weekly Ambassador Program blog showcasing the latest videos and content from the Harry Potter: Magic Awakened Ambassadors! We will have our first Ambassador Spotlight Blog coming out this week, so keep an eye on our announcement channels!
Exciting updates are in store, check out the game updates for this week below
Patch Notes 7/25/2023
Private Duelling Rooms Now Available
Create private duelling rooms by tapping the League button on the bottom left of the Duelling Club screen.
- Regular Rooms: Host regular Top Wizard or Best Partners duels in an arena of your choosing with custom settings, such as Echo/Card bans and Fair Mode availability.
- Elimination Rooms: Host a single-elimination tournament of Top Wizard or Best Partners duels in an arena of your choosing with custom settings. Compete for first place in a tournament of 4/8/16 teams!
- Reward Rooms: Purchase a Letter with Jewels to create a Reward Room for hosting a single-elimination tournament, like those in the Elimination Room, except with bountiful rewards for each of the tournament's top 4 teams. Different Letters are available for purchase, for different reward options. Rewards for Best Partners tournaments will be distributed evenly between both team members.
Year 3 Story Unlocked!
Players who have completed Year 2 stories will be able to experience the anticipated third installment of Yearbook stories after maintenance on 07/25/2023!
What happened between Daniel and his Mum during their reunion at Azkaban? Who or what is lurking behind recent strange happenings and Dementor attacks? Complete Year 2 stories to find out!
New Magic Pass
A new Magic Pass will be added to the game on August 1st. Aside from regular rewards, owners of the Deluxe and Premium passes will also receive the following:
Deluxe Magic Pass
Purchase the Deluxe Magic Pass to instantly receive an all-new Epic outfit, Muggle Casual.
Raise your Magic Pass level for a limited-edition makeup item!
Premium Magic Pass
Purchase the Premium Magic Pass for all Deluxe pass rewards, a Legendary hat, and a Legendary Card, Thunderstorm, which will prove extremely useful in your Wizarding journey!
Owners of the Premium Pass will also obtain:
- 30% increased Gold obtain rate during daily activities.
- 5 instant Magic Pass levels.
Additional Magic Pass Reward Update (going into effect August 1st)
- Level 1 Rewards: Golden Key x1 -> Ruby Key x2
- Level 2 Rewards: Golden Key x1 -> Clockturn Key x1
- Level 4 Rewards: Gem x100 -> Ruby Key x2
- Level 5 Rewards: Golden Key x2 -> Clockturn Key x1
- Level 7 Rewards: Gem x50 -> Gem x100
- Level 8 Rewards: Silver Key x4 -> Ruby Key x2
Level 10 Rewards:
Golden Key x1 -> Clockturn Key x1
Silver Key x5 -> Ruby Key x2
- Level 11 Rewards: Gem x50 -> Gem x100
- Level 12 Rewards: Silver Key x2 -> Ruby Key x1
- Level 16 Rewards: Gem x50 -> Gem x100
- Level 18 Rewards: Silver Key x1 -> Ruby Key x1
- Level 20 Rewards: Gem x50 -> Gem x100
- Level 25 Rewards: Golden Key x1 -> Clockturn Key x1
- Level 27 Rewards: Silver Key x1 -> Ruby Key x1
- Level 34 Rewards: Silver Key x1 -> Ruby Key x 1
- Level 35 Rewards: Golden Key x1 -> Clockturn Key x1
- Level 45 Rewards: Golden Key x1 -> Ruby Key x2
- Level 47 Rewards: Silver Key x2 -> Ruby Key x1
In total, we have removed these items from the Deluxe/Premium Magic Pass rewards:
- Gem x300
- Golden Key x8
- Silver Key x16
And replaced them with the following items:
- Gem x400
- Clockturn Key x5
- Ruby Key x15
Premium Magic Pass Reward Update (going into effect August 1st)
Instead of Memoria Cards, Premium Magic Pass owners will receive designated Legendary-or-above rarity Cards as rewards.
A New Mystery Wheel!
The rewards for the Mystery Wheel have been updated, and will be available from 5:00 pm, July 25th to 4:59 pm, September 4th, local server time.
- Legendary Outfit: Beauxbatons Fantasy (Witch)/Durmstrang Delight (Wizard)
- Legendary Wand Skin: Forbidden Flames
- Legendary Owl: Spectacled Owl
- Legendary Furniture Set: Hogwarts Inspired Home Collection
Draw all the time-limited prizes to obtain all remaining rewards on the wheel!
Forbidden Forest Updates (going into effect 07/25/2023)
Haunted Hollow & Deathly Dell
- Haunted Hollow and Deathly Dell explorations will no longer be available.
- Leaderboard rewards for Deathly Dell will be distributed based on the current leaderboard rankings on the designated date.
- Flying Ford Anglia
- Increased the Echo Crystals obtained from the Flying Ford Anglia.
- Players will no longer receive Gold from the Flying Ford Anglia.
Team Exploration: Into the Woods
A new team exploration mode, Into the Woods, has been added to the Forbidden Forest, featuring an elevated Echo drop rate compared to previous team explorations.
- Cost: Each Into the Woods exploration will cost Lantern x1. Each player will receive two free Lanterns at 5:00 am every morning. Unused Lanterns can be accumulated until a player has a total of 10 Lanterns. As many as 6 additional Lanterns can be purchased.
- Rewards: Four Into the Woods variations will be available, each granting different rewards, as listed below.
Golden Trail Reward Pool: Gold and various Potion Ingredients.
- Shivering Shadows Reward Pool: Echo of Hermione Granger, Echo of Severus Snape, Echo of Neville Longbottom, and various Potion Ingredients.
- Midnight Moonshine Reward Pool: Echo of Harry Potter, Echo of Bellatrix Lestrange, Echo of Newt Scamander, and various Potion Ingredients.
- Whispering Willows Reward Pool: Echo of Rubeus Hagrid, Echo of the Weasley Twins, Echo of Dobby, and various Potion Ingredients.
- Difficulty: A total of eight difficulty levels will be available for Into the Woods, unlocking as your Spellbook Level increases.
Team Exploration: Off the Path
A new team exploration mode, Off the Path, has been added to the Forbidden Forest, featuring one-time rewards that reset periodically.
- Rewards: Currently, only one variation, Tangled Web, will be available for Off the Path explorations, granting Card draw Keys and Gems as rewards.
- Difficulty: A total of six difficulty levels will be available for Off the Path, each granting a one-time reward upon being cleared. One-time reward progress will be reset on August 8th, after which they will reset every two weeks.
- Echo Unlock Update: Echoes will no longer be unlocked depending on Solo Exploration progress.
- Team Exploration Unlock Update: Team Explorations will be unlocked upon clearing Solo Exploration: Stage 4.
New Duelling Club Reward!
Duellists will receive an exclusive Epic Wand Skin the first time they reach a Duelling Score of 5,400 or above in any subsequent season, allowing an additional Rescue attempt in Best Partners duels. This Wand Skin can only be claimed once.
Duelling Club Server Update
Duellists from the following servers will be able to duel against players from other servers:
Social Club Mail Update
Social Club Captains and Co-Captains will be able to send mail to all Social Club members on the mail or social club chat page.
New Vanity Boxes
The Summertime Sorcery Vanity Boxes will be available for purchase from August 1st, 2023 to August 14th, 2023. Accessorise your outfits with the latest summer trends!
- Antipodean Opaleye: Attack Speed and Range increased from 50% to 100%.
- Whomping Willow: Health increased has been raised from 100%/300% to 200%/400%.
Duelling Club Daily Reward Update
Players will be able to expand their Duelling Club daily reward limit with Jewels after maintenance on July 25th. The reward limit can be expanded 3 times a day at the price of 50/65/90 Jewels, respectively.
The limit is expanded by the following amount for every purchase:
- Gold x300
- Gem x10
- Silver/Golden Key x1
Celebrating July Birthdays!
Log in and celebrate the birthdays of your favourite Wizarding World characters by experiencing time-limited birthday tasks!
- Neville Longbottom Birthday Tasks: Talk to Neville Longbottom in the GreenHouse on July 30th.
- Harry Potter Birthday Tasks: Talk to Harry Potter in the Great Hall on July 31st.
Optimization and Bug Fixes
- Improved user experience for geo-location services. Players now only need to provide their geo-location once, which will be applied to all eligible systems. Geo-location can be changed once every season.
- Improved the random Potion Ingredient icon for Forbidden Forest rewards.
- Improved the visuals for Team Exploration reward limit. Players can now extend the reward limit with purchases.
- Improved the card visuals for enhancement selection during Forest Explorations.
- Key drop chances from the Duelling Club can now be accumulated for up to 3 days
- Improved the icon visuals for Card selection in the Duelling Club.
- Added a quick purchase feature for Shop packs.
- Improved the visuals of Solo Exploration, allowing reward preview for Team Exploration when applicable.
- Added a Deck Copy feature for the Duel Loss result screen.
- Fixed an issue where Practice Matches incorrectly applied tier restrictions.
- Fixed an issue where Magic Awakened rankings could not be displayed in chat.
- Fixed an issue where certain House emojis are incorrectly displayed for lower resolution settings.