The PlayStation®5 console version of Hogwarts Legacy supports multiple graphical modes of play. Players can toggle Display Options under the Settings menu.
- Fidelity - A high-fidelity rendering mode favoring resolution and graphical quality.
- Fidelity with raytracing - A higher-fidelity rendering mode featuring Raytracing. Requires reboot to apply changes.
- Performance - A high-framerate mode favoring performance
- Balanced - A rendering mode aiming for a balance between resolution, graphics quality, and performance. Only available on supported output devices.
- HFR Performance - An ultra-high-framerate mode favoring maximum performance. Only available on supported output devices.
If you receive an error that states "PERFORMANCE MODE SET TO DEFAULT" after making changes in Hogwarts Legacy, this likely is due to a conflict between the Game Presets on your PlayStation®5 and the option you chose in Hogwarts Legacy. You can follow the steps below to correct it:
- Launch the Settings menu on your PlayStation®5 and select [Save Data and Game/App Settings]
- Select [Game Presets]
- Under [Performance or Resolution Mode] Choose the option "Game Default", instead of any of the other choices.
- Launch Hogwarts Legacy and open the settings menu from the title screen (triangle button).
- Under Display Options, choose the preferred Performance Mode or Fidelity Mode from the list.
- The settings should then be saved when playing the game going forward and the error will not appear.
Article is closed for comments.