If you're experiencing issues launching the game where the title hangs on a blank screen while preparing shaders, we suggest giving these steps a try:
- We recommend that you first delete the shader cache folder of: C:\ProgramData\Hogwarts Legacy
If this does not fix the issue, please try clearing your GPU Shader Cache. To clear the NVIDIA graphics Shader Cache in Windows, follow these steps:
- Open the NVIDIA control panel.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings.
- Turn off Shader Cache.
- Save and apply changes.
- Reboot your PC.
- After the PC boots, open the Run dialog box or File Explorer.
- Type the environment variable below into the Run dialog box or the File Explorer address bar and hit Enter.
- At the location, find and open the NVIDIA folder.
- In the folder, find and open both the DXCache and the GLCache folder and delete all the items in the folders.
- Next, go back to the Temp folder.
- Now, at that location, find and open the NVIDIA Corporation folder.
- In the folder, find and open the NV_Cache folder and delete the contents of the folder.
- Exit File Explorer.
- Now, go back to the NVIDIA control panel and turn on Shader Cache.
- Restart your PC.